Friday, January 1, 2010

Eating Lobster

It's January 1st, 2010 and I'm watching the Lord of the Rings saga -- something of an annual winter holiday ritual in our household.  In the south we believe in eating black-eyed peas on the first day of the new year for good luck; I hate the pasty taste.  I'll settle for the Lord of the Rings and the lobster we eat as my good luck charms.  The Italians like to throw salt over the shoulders but that just seems like a lot of cleaning up. I'm the lady of the household, cleaning up is my job so no thank you to the salt.  


I'm forcing my family to cook the lobsters this year.  I've done about as much cooking as I'd like for one holiday season between the roast tenderloin with Yorkshire pudding and the numerous desserts I've made and then ingested, I'm pretty much spent.  Like everyone else its salads and fruits come Monday.


Back to Lord of the Rings -- Lord Aragorn has just survived a fall over the cliff.  May your New Year be as lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human one.
Teilhard deChardin